TraceLink has announced financial and company results for the fourth quarter and full year of 2017.
Quarterly and annual growth highlights for 2017 include:
- An 85 per cent year-over-year increase in overall revenue for 2017;
- A 97 per cent year-over-year increase in Q4 revenue, including record Q4 revenue growth in the following regions:
- A 68 per cent year-over-year increase in all bookings for 2017;
- A two-year revenue compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 70 per cent; and,
- A 68 per cent year-over-year increase in global employee growth for a total of 400 employees located in the company's five global office locations.
"This past year was a collection of major accomplishments for the company as we successfully expanded our global market leadership position in the US, EMEA and APAC and increased worldwide customer adoption of the Life Sciences Cloud," said Shabbir Dahod, president and CEO, TraceLink.
"2018 is a pivotal year for both the US and Europe as companies finalize their serialization preparations to meet their respective November 2018 and February 2019 deadlines. With our proven Life Sciences Cloud and information-sharing network, companies can rest assured that TraceLink is their long-term partner in helping them derive transformative value from a truly digital supply chain – from compliance and operational efficiency to patient engagement."
Additional Q4 2017 growth highlights and milestones include:
- Demonstrating the largest customer base in the industry across 33 countries - with a total of more than 775 TraceLink customers and over 265,000 partners on the Life Sciences Cloud, spanning all segments within the global pharmaceutical supply chain, including:
- Unveiling FutureLink, a new and innovative annual gathering of industry executives - dedicated to achieving regulatory compliance and shaping the future of digital drug supply with information sharing networks. FutureLink Munich will take place in June 2018 and FutureLink Chicago will take place in November 2018.
- Achieving the greatest volume of pharmaceutical companies live in production – with more than 180 companies shipping serialized product with TraceLink solutions and commissioning more than 550 million serial numbers.
- Unveiling results from the industry's largest survey on serialization readiness in the US and EU – with data from 660 respondents in the 2nd Annual Global Drug Supply, Safety and Traceability Report demonstrating the current state of serialization readiness.
- Expanding the industry's only community for serialization stakeholders across the supply chain – adding 300 new members to the TraceLink Cloud Community during the fourth quarter, totaling over 3,400 Cloud Community members representing more than 700 companies in the life sciences supply chain.
- Processing global compliance reports for millions of product units – processing over 52,000 compliance documents for more than 150 million units of product in the EU, China, Brazil, India and South Korea.
TraceLink is the World's Largest Track and Trace Network for connecting the Life Sciences supply chain and eliminating counterfeit prescription drugs from the global marketplace. Leading businesses trust the TraceLink Life Sciences Cloud to deliver complete global connectivity, visibility and traceability of pharmaceuticals from ingredient to patient. A single point and click connection to the Life Sciences Cloud creates a supply chain control tower that delivers the information, insight and collaboration needed to improve performance and reduce risk across global supply, manufacturing and distribution operations.
Macallan Whisky picks Izon® Technology as part of a comprehensive anti-counterfeit solution
(De La Rue Authentication Solutions)
The Edrington Group, makers of world renowned The Macallan Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky, faced a challenge when re-filled used
bottles, intact with labels, began appearing on shelves under their brand name. This posed a serious consumer safety, as well as a global
brand issue. For a solution, they turned to Authentication Solutions for the key overt component of a comprehensive solution.
Epson builds market awareness of authentic product through implementation of layered AC tech
(De La Rue Authentication Solutions)
Epson Latin America estimated that 20% of the product in the market was counterfeit and entering the supply chain through local distributors. The existing anti-counterfeiting ink technology was compromised. Epson developed a new strategy to target unauthorized distributors in key countries and build market awareness of authentic product.
The StellaGuard™ solution leverages the benefits of a barcode and connects it with a three-dimensional visual reference that provides instantaneous authentication with copy-detect protection. StellaGuard™ is a patented and elegant solution to protect your assets, enabling trusted stakeholders, including customers, to authenticate a product using common everyday smart devices.
The smartphone: a new tool to spot fake products
The development of new smartphone technologies offers brands the opportunity to fight counterfeiting more efficiently and drive competitive differentiation by turning their products into smart assets. This paper examines the process of placing the consumer as one of the key actors against illicit trade and creating new business intelligence capabilities for brands.
Pharma Security World 2018: "Anti-counterfeiting and Brand Safety"
March 20-21, 2018 - London, UK
Global Illicit Trade Summit 2018: Out of the shadows
March 22, 2018 - Kuala Lumpur
4XScience 2018 E2E Supply Chain Serialization Benchmark Workshop
March 27-28, 2018 - Brussels, Belgium
Robert Schuman Foundation conference: Smuggling, counterfeiting and the financing of terrorism – mobilising economic stakeholders
April 11, 2018 - Brussels, Belgium
April 17-19, 2018 - New York (NY), USA
4th Global Brand Protection EU Innovation Programme (GBPIP)
April 26-27, 2018 - London, UK
IACC 2018 Annual Spring Conference
May 16-18, 2018 - Seattle (WA), USA
INTA Annual Meeting
May 19-23, 2018 - Seattle (WA), USA
May 29 - June 01, 2018 - Milan, Italy
Partnership for Safe Medicines 2018 Interchange
June 07, 2018 - Washington D.C., USA
June 25-27, 2018 - London, UK
September 2018 (dates tbc) - Switzerland
Rx-360 Global Life Science Supply Chain 2018 Conference: Driving Innovative Quality Strategies
September 25-26, 2018 - Miami (FL), USA
2018 A-CAPP Center Brand Protection Strategy Summit
October 02-03, 2018 - East Lansing (MI), USA
13th Security Document Summit (SDS)
October 17-18, 2018 - Beijing, China
Anti-Counterfeit & Currency Expo (ACCE)
November 06-08, 2018 - Las Vegas (NV), USA