- Publication date: October 2021
- Pricing: €4,500 Euros(*)
- Report format: .PDF (2 volumes). Hard copy available upon request.
The Aim of this Research, Analysis & Report
This new report analyses the status of counterfeiting & brand protection in 2016 & 2021 with forecasts to 2026, with a special focus on China in a global context - Demand as well as supply. These numerous aspects alluded to in this document are examined in detail in the report and relative importance and implications assessed.
- The aim of this research, analysis & report is to identify opportunities & threats arising from the fast-changing scene in China & worldwide and to provide ‘quantitative’ estimates of such opportunities
- And to structure a comprehensive report to enable brand protection solution providers & other parties to develop optimal strategies for going forward and to develop actionable plans for the China market.
Why China is a Challenge?
The estimated value of the World's ‘internationally’ traded counterfeits is over $500 billion USD annually. While China accounts for around 80% or more of the World's internationally traded counterfeits (source OECD / Homeland Security).
But this is only part of the story – In addition, overall sales of Chinese-made counterfeits ‘within’ the China domestic market are estimated to be of significantly greater value than ‘internationally’ traded exports of counterfeits exports to international markets. And the internal China market for brand protection is potentially huge, albeit subject to position of the Chinese government in relation to counterfeiting going forward.
Who should Purchase this Report:
- Companies that have an existing presence in China (in order to benchmark present activities & identify new opportunities / threats)
- Companies planning to enter the China for brand protection (so as to build up a background and understanding of keys issues to facilitate successful market entry)
- Solution providers
- Brand owners
- Other interested parties
Scope of Report:
- Offline / Online
- Packaging, Labels, Security Printing & Substrate Materials
- Security Features - 1st, 2nd & 3 Levels of Defense
Premium / Luxury Product Categories:
- Fashion & Sports Apparel / Clothing & Footwear (incl. Sneakers)
- Watches & Jewellery
- Bags & Luggage (Leather goods, Women’s Handbags, Sports bags
- Beauty & Personal Care (Fragrances, Cosmetics, Skincare)