Pharmaceutical Supply chain strategies: Reassessing product distribution to cut costs and improve supply chain management
Ideally drug supply should be a simple and transparent chain that connects the manufacturer and patient in as few steps as possible, however in practice it can be a highly circuitous one that includes several intermediaries before reaching a pharmacy. This increases the risk of counterfeit drugs and facilitates parallel trade, both leading to lost sales for the manufacturer.
Scope of this research
- An overview of the drug supply chain in Europe and the US.
- Identification of the key players in the drug supply chain.
- Coverage of recent trends and key events in the distribution industry.
- Analysis of the impact of new events on the key stakeholders.
Key reasons to purchase this research
- Gain an understanding of the pharmaceutical supply chain in the US and Europe, and who the key players are.
- Become aware of new issues in the distribution industry, and how they influence the major stakeholders.
- Gain an insight into current trends in distribution, and how they are likely to change going forward.